Monday 29 June 2009

The VFR's back on the road again, freshly MOT'd and with a brand new Honda clutch, so ...

This blog probably gives the impression that the only place I go to is Cadwell Park. Well, to prove the point ... I went again on the 21st June

Chatting to Anshuman - it could have been in the pub - a little while ago, it seems that he'd never been to watch bike racing, so I offered to take him. I checked the diary and I had a choice, Snetterton - 17 miles away, and British Superbikes - or Cadwell - 100 miles away to watch club racing. No contest. Club racing wins over BSB and Cadwell wins over Snetterton. Both because I like the closeness and the intimacy. At club racing you can walk around the paddock watching machinery being worked on and get close to the competitors. You also get an amazing range of machinery, especially in the formula libre class, being ridden by all kinds of people, from youngsters (the youngest was 13) to oldsters (72!) and quite a number of women seem to be competing on this day.

My favourite, though, was the 70cc twist-n-go scooter competing against the 125's, and being far from last. Here, at Hall bends, he seemed to be in his element.





Anshuman posing in the sun!



One thing the MOT threw up was that one of the fork seals might need attention. Well, sure enough, it does. It's blown, and is in need of replacement. Urgently. 'Cos I have a rideout on Saturday - around 150 miles - and the ZXR isn't my 1st choice for that sort of distance.

I'll get both seals done while i'm there and let's hope that that's the last problem I have with the bike this year else i'll have no budget left to get out and ride!

No comments: